Slow-Cooked Smothered Pork Chops
From Cook's Country
To convert our favorite skillet smothered pork chop recipe for use in the slow cooker, we started with the right chop: blade chops, which have enough fat to keep them from drying out in the slow cooker. We browned the pork chops in bacon fat to add color and richness, while at the same time creating a savory foundation for our recipe. And for the “smothered" part, we pureed onions with some liquid from the pot and added some cornstarch. This gave us a thick, rich gravy with solid onion flavor.
These pork chops are so tender that you'll need to remove them from the slow cooker with a spoon.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists