Skillet Tamale Pie
From Cook's Country
To prevent our Skillet Tamale Pie from being greasy, we used lean ground beef (90 percent lean) for the filling. To save time, we crumbled store-bought cornbread for the topping.
Serves 4 to 6
The addition of shredded cheese to the topping improves flavor and texture. As the cheese melts, it binds the cornbread, producing a more cohesive, tamale-like topping.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists