Skillet Shepherd's Pie
From Cook's Country
We thoroughly browned the beef in butter for the richest flavor and color. Briefly cooking the flour used to thicken our Skillet Shepherd’s Pie removed its starchy flavor. A bit of Worcestershire sauce added savory depth to the filling.
To streamline the recipe, instead of the traditional mashed potato topping, we use frozen hash browns, heating them in the microwave first so they only needed minutes to brown in the oven.
Be sure to purchase shredded hash brown potatoes (sometimes labeled “country style”) rather than the cubed variety. Ground lamb can be substituted for the beef.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists