Skillet Penne with Chicken and Broccoli
From Cook's Country
To move this multiple-pot recipe to a single skillet, we brown the chicken, then set it aside while we sauté aromatics and built the sauce. Chicken broth and water, with a pile of minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and white wine, forms the base of the sauce and provides enough liquid for the pasta, and leaving the pan uncovered allows the flavors to intensify as the sauce reduces. For bright green yet tender broccoli, we add it to the pan when the pasta is almost ready. Parmesan cheese adds creaminess and rich, savory flavor.
Use a dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, for this recipe. Swanson Certified Organic Free-Range Chicken Broth is our taste-test winner.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists