From Cook's Country
We turned to strip steaks for our Skillet Goulash for their intense flavor and meaty texture. We sliced the steak thinly and added it to the sauce before serving. For maximum flavor, we built the sauce from the brown bits left in the pan from searing the steaks. We used a lot of paprika in our recipe for Skillet Goulash. Tasters preferred sweet paprika so that the goulash wasn’t incendiary. Cooking the egg noodles right in the pan with the sauce not only saved time, but also added additional flavor to our Skillet Goulash.
Be sure to trim the steaks of all visible fat before cooking. Use sweet paprika, not the hot or smoked varieties, in this recipe.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists