From Cook's Country
This traditional southern side dish normally requires constant stirring, but by letting the corn brown before adding water, and supplementing the natural starch with a tablespoon of flour, we get the same creamy consistency with less work. A little sugar brings out the sweetness of the corn and further improves browning. Beyond that, salt, plenty of black pepper, and a pat of butter at the end are all this simple dish requires.
You'll have about 6 cups of kernels.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists