Skillet Carbonara Casserole
From Cook's Country
We quickly discovered that the eggs in our Skillet Carbonara Casserole recipe curdled if they were cooked too long. Reducing the number of eggs and whisking in a little heavy cream took care of that problem. Tasters preferred the flavor of evaporated milk to regular milk in our Skillet Carbonara Casserole, but it made the sauce a little thick. Adding a touch of water thinned the sauce just enough.
Serves 4 to 6
Carbonara is defined in no small part by the peppery, sheep’s milk bite of Pecorino Romano, so don’t settle for preshredded cheese. Buy a 3-ounce wedge of Pecorino from the deli department and grate it yourself.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists