Skillet BBQ Steak Tips
From Cook's Country
We found steak tips sold as whole steaks, cubes, or strips. For our Skillet BBQ Steak Tips recipe, we preferred to buy strips and cut them ourselves. Making sure the pan was very hot before adding the steak tips was essential. Cooking the steaks in a pan that wasn’t properly preheated led to meat that overcooked before developing a good crust. Patting the steak tips dry before adding them to the heated skillet also ensured a proper sear.
For the sauce, we doctored up store-bought barbecue sauce with cider vinegar, a little ketchup, and sugar.
Store-bought BBQ sauce can be sticky-sweet. Here we doctor the sauce with ketchup, vinegar, and sugar for a rounded savor.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists