Simple Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
We wanted a coffee cake that was simple to make, without tasting simple, boring, or bland. Our Simple Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake recipe uses the quick bread mixing method to prevent an overmixed, dense batter. Either buttermilk or yogurt gives a tangy, rich taste to the cake, and balances the sweet flavor of the streusel. We used both baking powder and baking soda to give the coffee cake the best rise without altering the flavor. Adding cinnamon to the cake as well as the streusel helped reinforce the flavor throughout the coffee cake.
This cake can be baked in either a glass or metal baking pan.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists