Shrimp and Scallop Skewers with Hoisin-Ginger Sauce
From Cook's Country
We wanted a shrimp and scallop skewers recipe that could be prepared year-round, right in our broiler, and we wanted a sweet and spicy hoisin-ginger sauce recipe to serve alongside. To achieve this, we wrapped the exposed ends of the wooden skewers in aluminum foil to prevent them from burning during cooking. Then we paid close attention to the shrimp and scallops as they cooked; both take only four to six minutes to cook all the way through.
You will need four to six 10-inch bamboo skewers for this recipe. Feel free to use all shrimp or all scallops, if desired. Sea scallops often come with a tendon that should be removed before cooking (see side note).
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists