From Cook's Country
All great soups start with a great base. In our Shrimp Bisque recipe, shrimp shells are cooked with vegetables and bottled clam juice to create a potent foundation. Adding white wine and brandy (if desired) helps balance our Shrimp Bisque recipe, offsetting the richness of the heavy cream. Cooking the flour in the roux for a full two minutes removes its starchy flavor.
Serves 8 to 10
If desired, stir 1 tablespoon of brandy into the bisque just before serving.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists