From Cook's Country
The Shrewsbury Biscuit recipe may date as far back as the 1500s in Shropshire, England, though its most famous modern rendition resides in Pune, India. Using superfine sugar produced a delicate texture, and lemon zest adds a little refined flavor to this Shrewsbury Biscuit recipe.
Makes 20 biscuits
These light, lemony cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. If you don't have superfine sugar, process granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor until finely ground, about 30 seconds.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists