Shanghai Chicken Salad
From Cook's Country
To create a distinctly flavored chicken salad recipe, we replaced the mayonnaise with a combination of rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, and fresh ginger for a kick. And to lighten the texture of our chicken salad’s dressing, we added potent soy sauce. Shredded cabbage and chow mein noodles contribute a double dose of crunchy texture to our Shanghai Chicken Salad.
Chow mein noodles, hoisin sauce, and toasted sesame oil can all be found in the international aisle of the supermarket.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists