From Cook's Country
Fluffy Seven-Minute Icing is a thick, glossy frosting made from egg whites and sugar cooked together. Taking its name from the time it takes to beat the frosting over simmering water, our easy recipe is the perfect finishing touch to any cake or cupcake.
Makes about 6 cups
This recipe gets its name for the seven minutes that it takes to beat it over simmering water. In step 2, you can speed up the cooling down process by transferring the hot egg white mixture to a standing mixer and beat on medium-high speed until thick and stiff, about 5 minutes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists