Seven Layer Bars
From Cook's Country
Seven Layer Bars recipes are loaded with ingredients that fight for the spotlight instead of working cohesively to create a great bar cookie. To improve our recipe’s flavor and texture, we toasted the coconut and nuts. We added extra chocolate flavor by drizzling melted milk chocolate over the Seven Layer Bars’ hot crust, and prebaked the crust to develop its crisp texture. Toffee bits also added a buttery and salty flavor to the crust.
Makes 45 bars
Toast the coconut and pecans separately on a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven until golden-5 minutes for the coconut and 8 minutes for the pecans.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists