From Cook's Country
To simplify our recipe for scrapple, we use bulk breakfast sausage, sautéed with onions, butter, sage, and fennel, as the base. Cornmeal thickens the mixture before it’s transferred to a loaf pan to cool and set up. After chilling, slices of our meaty scrapple can be fried up in a skillet until crispy and golden.
Serves 4 to 6
Serve for breakfast with maple syrup or ketchup. To loosen the scrapple before turning it out, run a knife around its edge and briefly set the loaf pan in hot water.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists