From Cook's Country
One mushroom alone wasn’t good enough for our sauté. Hearty cremini mushrooms complement flavor-packed shiitakes, and a two-fold cooking technique—including an initial covered steam and a finishing butter sauté— produced tender, deeply browned mushrooms.
Look for shiitakes that have caps between 2 and 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists