From Cook's Country
In the South, sausage balls are a cocktail-party staple made by adding sausage and cheese to a biscuit-mix base. Most versions are addictive but greasy. For our sausage balls, basic biscuit ingredients joined sausage and sharp cheddar cheese. Buttermilk added flavor without adding fat and helped the balls hold together. A pulse in the food processor made quick work of the dough, and a stint in a hot oven created a crispy crust and a moist, flavorful interior.
Makes 3 dozen balls
The test kitchen’s favorite sharp cheddar is Cabot Sharp Vermont Cheddar Cheese. Do not overmix the dough or the sausage balls will be tough.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists