Rustic Potato Soup
From Cook's Country
Rustic Potato Soup, or caldo verde, is the national dish of Portugal, and when developing our recipe, we found this rib-sticking, one-pot meal actually requires little effort. Because the garlicky, spicy flavor of the two sausages is similar, we substituted kielbasa for harder-to-find Portuguese linguiça sausage. We partially mashed a portion of the potatoes to thicken the soup, cooked the leeks and kielbasa together, then stirred them into the potatoes, broth, and kale.
Serves 4 to 6
Let the potatoes simmer in the broth while you prep and cook the remaining ingredients. Because the kielbasa is quite salty, no added salt is necessary.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists