Rosemary-Gorgonzola Pan Sauce
From Cook's Country
The first step was to pour off the fat from the steaks before building the sauce; otherwise it would be greasy. To draw out the flavors of red wine in our Rosemary-Gorgonzola Pan Sauce we reduced it with a scant amount of sugar before adding the other ingredients. We finished off the sauce with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and some minced fresh rosemary. Tasters preferred Gorgonzola, but we found any crumbled blue cheese would work.
Makes enough sauce for 4 steaks
Use low-sodium broth and unsalted butter in this recipe or the reduced sauce may be too salty. See related content for a Cooking Lesson on pan-searing steak.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists