Rocky Road Bark
From Cook's Country
Candy stores sell a bumpy, rough-looking confection of chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts on a cookie base, but we wanted to make our own Rocky Road Bark at home. A quick caramel made from butter and brown sugar—no boiling sugar to maneuver—helped stick the graham cracker base together. We built the “bark" in layers by melting the chocolate into a smooth layer, then topping it with the nuts and marshmallows. We found that freezing the Rocky Road Bark until firm before slicing allowed us to make the cleanest cuts.
Makes sixteen 2-inch squares
On the odd chance that you have some leftover Rocky Road Bark, it will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists