Roasted Salt-and-Vinegar Potatoes
From Cook's Country
Cooking small red potatoes in a super-saturated salt solution creates an incredibly creamy, well-seasoned potato interior. After the potatoes are par cooked, we “smash” them to expose some of the potato flesh, brush them with malt vinegar, and roast them on a well-oiled sheet pan until the exposed surface is golden and crispy. A final brush with more vinegar when the potatoes come out of the oven reinforces the addictive salty-sour flavor of these spuds.
Use small red potatoes, measuring 1 to 2 inches in diameter. If you prefer to use kosher salt, you will need 1½ cups of Morton kosher salt or 2½ cups of Diamond Crystal. Cider vinegar works here, too.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists