Roasted Red Onion and Pear Salad
From Cook's Country
In this Roasted Red Onion and Pear Salad recipe, we found that browning the onions in a hot oven until softened and browned tempered their strong flavor. Dried thyme tasted dusty and bland, so we prefer fresh chopped thyme in the recipe. Regular almonds will do in a pinch, but smokehouse almonds, or salted, smoked almonds, added valuable flavor to the Roasted Red Onion and Pear Salad recipe.
Keep this salad fresh (and the pears from turning brown) by tossing the chopped pears with a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists