Roasted Glazed Turnips with Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar
From Cook's Country
Root vegetables can be hard and fibrous, but in recipes with creative glazes and tempered cooking methods, these humble side dishes really shine. For our Roasted Glazed Turnips with Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar recipe, we cooked the turnips in water, which transformed them into silky, tender morsels. Adding rosemary, balsamic vinegar, and shallots to the cooking liquid boosted the vegetables’ flavor, and incorporating maple syrup helped tame any bitterness.
Use only purple-top turnips for this recipe; yellow turnips (rutabagas) take longer to cook.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists