From Cook's Country
Boiling may be the classic way to cook this summertime staple, but it can make the corn mushy and dilute its flavor. The method in our Roasted Corn recipe keeps it crunchy and intensifies its flavor. We found we could strengthen the flavor of the corn by roasting it in a hot oven, cooking until just tender. We facilitated browning by brushing the corn in our recipe with butter. We also seasoned liberally with salt and pepper before cooking so that the flavors penetrated the roasted corn.
Roasting ears of corn in the oven highlights their sweetness, and there's no bothering with a big pot of boiling water.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists