Roasted Chicken with Asparagus and Shiitakes
From Cook's Country
For our Roasted Chicken with Asparagus and Shiitakes, we started the chicken on the stovetop to create a crispy skin. Finishing it in the oven freed up the stovetop for cooking the vegetables. When selecting shiitakes, we found it best to look for mushrooms that had smooth, brown caps and were free of bruising. For sesame seeds that were browned but not burned, we toasted them in a dry skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently, for about 5 minutes.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists