From Cook's Country
Roasting vegetables is all about caramelizing sugars to produce big flavor. Since browning takes place only where the vegetables are in contact with the hot pan, we slice a head of cauliflower into eight wedges, creating more flat surface area than you’d get with florets. To keep the cauliflower from drying out, we start it covered in a hot oven, letting it steam for 10 minutes until barely soft, and then we remove the aluminum foil so it can brown. Flipping each slice halfway through roasting ensures even cooking and color.
Serves 4 to 6
Wedges are easy to flip and have a lot of surface area in contact with the pan, which leads to great browning.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists