Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic-Herb Crust
From Cook's Country
An ideal roast leg of lamb should be tender and succulent, with a crust to complement the meat’s delicate flavor. But many roast leg of lamb recipes result in brown, rubbery meat. We wanted a Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic-Herb Crust recipe that was worthy of the holiday table. In lieu of pan-searing the lamb on the stove before roasting, we crisped the skin in the oven on high heat. Adding a bread crumb mixture and continuing to roast the lamb on lower heat gave us meat that was flavorful and juicy.
Serves 8 to 10
A semiboneless leg of lamb has had the hipbone removed to facilitate carving. This recipe makes enough bread crumbs to use for the Lemon Asparagus Casserole.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists