Rice Pilaf with Vermicelli and Mushrooms
From Cook's Country
To prevent our Rice Pilaf with Vermicelli and Mushrooms from becoming sticky, we rinsed the grains to rid them of excess starch before cooking. Tasters thought beef broth alone was overpowering, but a mixture of broth and water delivered a great balance of flavor. To infuse the broth with earthy mushroom flavor, we added the dried porcini mushrooms directly to the warm liquid.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists