Reduced-Fat Quiche Lorraine
From Cook's Country
By using the thicker texture (but lower fat and calories) of buttermilk to replace the cream traditionally used in quiche, we were able to significantly reduce the fat and calories. A press-in-the-pan crust that used bacon fat and a little Parmesan cheese added great flavor.
Traditional quiche Lorraine contains 460 calories, 42 grams of fat, and 20 grams of saturated fat. Our Reduced-Fat Quiche Lorraine contains 290 calories, 17 grams of fat, and 5 grams of saturated fat.
The filling may look wet when you remove the quiche from the oven, but the water will disappear as the quiche cools.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists