Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
From Cook's Country
Beyond Red Velvet Cake’s shocking bright color, there’s something more—an extra-tender cake and fluffy cream cheese frosting, which we achieved by using a two unexpected ingredients: buttermilk and vinegar. They reacted with our recipe’s baking soda to create a fine, tender crumb. We also zeroed in on the perfect amount of cocoa that would add a dark hue to our Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe and also lend it a pleasant cocoa flavor.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists