From Cook's Country
Our unusual-sounding old-fashioned Raisin Pie recipe begins with raisins simmered with sugar and cornstarch, which removes their chewiness and makes them plump and juicy. We balanced its sweetness with a little lemon zest and used milder golden raisins.
We love Dorothy Trickey’s recipe for Raisin Pie, but for our version we balance its sweetness by adding a small amount of lemon zest and using milder golden raisins. Use the related double-crust pie dough recipe or use one 15-ounce box of Pillsbury Ready to Roll Pie Crust.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists