Quick Strawberry Trifle
From Cook's Country
A store-bought angel food cake worked just as well as a homemade cake in this Quick Strawberry Trifle recipe. Brushing the cake with orange-flavored Grand Marnier liqueur moistened the rather dry cake and gave it a bit of extra flavor. Blending cream cheese, sour cream, and flavorings into whipped cream was a quick and easy alternative to the classic crème anglaise.
Serves 12 to 14
Grand Marnier adds a hint of orange, but the liqueur can be omitted if desired.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists