Quick Croque Monsieur
From Cook's Country
Tasters preferred gruyère—a Swiss cow’s milk cheese with a nutty flavor—in our Quick Croque Monsieur. However, we found we could use deli Swiss if gruyère was unavailable. Instead of cooking one or two sandwiches at a time in a skillet, we used a rimmed baking sheet and a hot oven to cook four sandwiches simultaneously.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists