Quick Beef and Bean Chili
From Cook's Country
It was important to brown the beef for maximum flavor, but we had to be sure not to overbrown it. Heating the meat in our Quick Beef and Bean Chili until it was just cooked through prevented it from toughening during the simmer in the final step. We found it was unnecessary to toast the dry spices before adding them in the recipe. They bloomed in the Dutch oven along with the meat.
Serves 4 to 6
Serve with pickled jalapeños, shredded cheese, sour cream, and diced avocado.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists