From Cook's Country
To create the base for our Pumpkin Roll, we baked the cake on a sheet of greased parchment paper, making it easier to remove it from the pan when it came time to roll. Softening the cream cheese at room temperature made it easier to spread onto the cake. Much to our surprise, it was not hard to roll a fully baked cake. While the cake was still hot, we used a fresh sheet of parchment paper to roll it into a log to train it into that shape. We let it cool, then unrolled the cake, spread the filling over the top, and gently re-rolled it.
Makes an 11-inch log
The simple pumpkin sponge cake with Fluffy Cheesecake Frosting needs no more than a dusting of powdered sugar.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists