Prime Rib for Two
From Cook's Country
Juicy, ultra-tender prime rib is the ultimate roast beef. To cut its size to suit two, we opted for a 1½-pound, 1½-inch-thick bone-in rib-eye steak. We seared our steak in a hot skillet to develop a crust and then finished cooking it gently in a low 200-degree oven to ensure a perfect medium-rare. While the steak roasted away, we used the fond in the skillet to build a flavorful pan sauce with red wine and beef broth, adding a touch of ketchup.
Be sure to brown the edges of the steak to render the fat. You can do this easily by using tongs to hold the steak on its side in the hot pan.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists