Potatoes Hashed in Cream
From Cook's Country
Yukon Gold potatoes are naturally creamy. Simmering them in cream only improved their texture. We simmered the cream until it fully evaporated and its fat had separated out. Continuing to cook the potatoes in this rendered fat added a crispy exterior to balance their creamy interior.
It's essential to use a nonstick skillet here. After removing the lid, stir the potatoes no more than five or six times or they won't brown.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists