Pink Azalea Cake
From Cook's Country
Similar to Lady Baltimore Cake, Pink Azalea Cake comprises three white cake layers swathed in billowy seven-minute icing. For our recipe, we used our favorite white cake recipe that yielded three 8-inch rounds. We made the filling by gently folding in the nuts, chopped fruit, and Kirsch (a clear cherry brandy) with some of the icing. Toasting the nuts in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned intensified their flavor.
Serves 8 to 10
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists