Pepperoni Pizza-Stuffed Mushrooms
From Cook's Country
Stuffed mushroom recipes usually produce mushrooms that are soggy and bland. For a make-ahead version that gave us flavorful, firm-yet-tender mushrooms, we roasted the mushrooms in the oven before stuffing to shed their liquid. After stuffing, we dusted the mushrooms with fresh bread crumbs, which added a crunchy contrast to our smooth cheese filling. This stuffed mushrooms recipe can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, add bread crumb topping and bake for 10 minutes.
Makes 24 large stuffed mushrooms
Look for unseasoned packaged Italian cheese blend that contains both provolone and Romano cheeses.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists