Pennsylvania Dutch Corn and Chicken Soup
From Cook's Country
We used frozen corn in our Pennsylvania Dutch Corn and Chicken Soup for convenience. To thicken and infuse the soup with a deep corn flavor, we pureed a portion of the corn with some of the chicken broth. Before adding them to the soup, we sautéed the vegetables (just onion, corn, and celery) to concentrate their flavors. As for the noodles, we cooked them in the broth with the vegetables and chicken to add even more flavor.
Serves 4 to 6
Gently poaching the chicken breasts in the simmering soup improves their flavor and keeps them tender.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists