From Cook's Country
Our Pear-Walnut Chutney recipe is a sweet alternative to the traditional gravy that accompanies turkey, and it works especially well with our Maple Roast Turkey Breast recipe. Choosing firm pears is imperative; soft pears will be too watery and mushy in this chutney recipe. Cherry preserves add complementary flavor and give the sautéed chunks of pears a jammy texture, while red wine vinegar balances the sweetness of the pears and cherry preserves. Waiting to add the toasted walnuts until the chutney has finished cooking maintains their crunch.
About 2 cups
This chutney is great with our Maple Roast Turkey Breast.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists