Peach, Mango, and Banana Salad
From Cook's Country
A sugar syrup is the best way to sweeten and moisten a bowl of cut fruit, but can a quick fruit syrup do more? We wanted our fruit salad recipe to have fresh fruit flavor, as well as a big jolt from a quick fruit syrup. Adding potent seasonings like vanilla, lime juice, and brown sugar to the syrup as it cooked perked up the flavor. Mashing (with a potato masher) the juicy peaches with a splash of citrus in the simmering syrup provided even more flavor to our fruit salad recipe. We also made sure to avoid overly ripe bananas, as they broke down and make the fruit salad stodgy.
Serves 4 to 6
Avoid overly ripe bananas; they will break down and make the salad stodgy.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists