Patriotic Poke Cake
From Cook's Country
For a Patriotic Poke Cake that screamed red, white, and blue all the way through, we cooked blueberries and strawberries to create two separate syrups to drizzle over our white cake. Poking holes into the top of the cake allowed us to incorporate our syrups directly into the interior of the cake.
Flavored gelatin and fresh berries give white cake layers stripes of red ruby and berry blue. We swathe the cake in whipped cream for a festive July 4 treat.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists