Pasta Casserole with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomato
From Cook's Country
For an excellent Pasta Casserole with Bacon, Asparagus, and Tomato, we blanched the asparagus in the pasta water. This saved time (and dishes). We added the sliced asparagus to the pasta in the last minute of cooking; the small pieces cooked quickly. We prepared the sauce from a blend of evaporated milk and chicken broth thickened with roux (flour and butter cooked together), and a couple of egg yolks. The pasta casserole’s texture is far lighter and the flavor far sharper than a casserole with a cream-based sauce.
Serves 6 to 8
Because this dish goes under the broiler, it cannot be prepared in a Pyrex casserole dish.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists