Pan-Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables
From Cook's Country
For our Pan-Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables recipe, we stuck with parsnips and carrots that were no more than one inch in diameter. Thicker vegetables were too fibrous. For the chicken, we found cooking the breasts skin side down for the entire cooking time ensured brown, crispy skin and moist meat. Our recipe calls for white wine, but tasters did not notice a substantial difference when we substituted dry vermouth.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists