Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwiches
From Cook's Country
We wanted our Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwich recipe to include homemade sauerkraut, so we made a quick version by simmering bagged coleslaw mix with vinegar and sugar. We skipped the conventional Russian dressing and used a simple blend of mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. And for the “grilled" part of our Oven-Grilled Reuben Sandwiches recipe, we set the prepared sandwiches on a preheated baking sheet and baked them in a very hot oven.
Sweet-and-sour cabbage and a zesty mustard-flavored mayonnaise transform this deli classic into something special. “Oven-grilling” allows you to cook the sandwiches all at once (and without turning them) rather than cooking in batches on the stovetop.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists