Oven-Fried Onion Rings
From Cook's Country
Our Oven-Fried Onion Rings recipe features a thick coating from dredging the onion slices in a batter of buttermilk blended with egg, flour, and seasonings. This batter sealed the onion tight so that it became tender as it steamed. We also wanted our Oven-Fried Onion Rings recipe to produce onion rings with the texture and flavor of deep-fried version. To do this, we used a combination of crushed saltines and potato chips for the onions’ crust.
Makes 24 rings, serving 4 to 6
We had the best results with kettle-cooked potato chips.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists