From Cook's Country
We wanted our Oven-Fried Fish recipe to feature a crisp crust enveloping moist fish. Coating the fillets in a seasoned mixture of crumbled cornbread and fresh white breadcrumbs gave our Oven-Fried Fish the best texture and flavor, and choosing thick fillets for our recipe meant there was enough time for the coating to crisp before the Oven-Fried Fish overcooked.
Haddock, cod, or even thicker cuts of catfish work well in this recipe. If you have homemade cornbread on hand, use it.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists