Orange-Cranberry Rice Pilaf
From Cook's Country
Rice pilaf is usually ordinary and boring. But adding interesting flavors and textures to the traditional recipe makes it a more welcome addition to any meal. While long-grain and basmati rice can be used interchangeably in many recipes, we preferred using long-grain in our Orange-Cranberry Rice Pilaf. The acidic orange juice caused the basmati rice to toughen, which made it difficult for the rice to absorb the recipe’s flavorful liquid.
Serves 4 to 6
Use a vegetable peeler to obtain the wide strips of orange zest. Although you may be inclined to substitute basmati for the long-grain rice, we advise against it; basmati did not work as well.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists